1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lb milk chocolate
1/2 lb white chocolate
1. Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder.
2. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
3. Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
4. Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly.
5. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
6. In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate.
7. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
7. Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
I had a little melted chocolate left over at the end and it would be a travesty to waste sweet milk chocolate like that so this is what I did instead...
Just take a cookie cutter and fill it with the left over chocolate. Voila! A homemade chocolate Valentine!