Mar 3, 2009

Aren't these pieces of art just beautiful? I saw them and just had to have them! But probably not for the reasons you are thinking. (Cause if you like them for the actual art then you had better stop reading here. Otherwise, you might be very disappointed!)
I found the two smaller pieces at Value Village which is a thrift store, much like Deseret Industries or the Salvation Army. I had been trying to find some frames that would work for a project I had in mind and these were perfect! The larger piece I found at Michaels when they were having their 50% off sale. It was actually a lot cheaper than anything I could find at the thrift stores that was the same size.

The first thing I did was remove the not so pretty art from the very pretty frames.

Next I got out my trusty Matte Black Spray Paint! Yay for spray paint! It can make things in terrible condition look brand spankin' new!

See, a few coats of spray paint and we are almost done!

And look, the Value Village tag is sitting proudly next to the frame as if to say, "Yay, someone saved this beautiful frame from that old, yucky art and they're making me beautiful again!" (I like to pretend my projects talk to me. Makes the day go by faster :)

Once the paint was dry all I had to do was add some ribbon and hang them on these cute cast iron stars! Voila! A whole new look to an otherwise very drab mirror. And sorry the picture is dark. I just don't have the camera, nor the technique to fix such things.

And just so you can see how truly beautiful these frames are, here you go....

I am so in love with them!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have the coolest ideas, I showed my mom your blog and she is also in love. She wants to be just like you and make her mirrors do the same thing. What an inspiration! sasha

Amy said...

Very creative, Karli! Good job!

Kara said...

The mirror turned out great, love the frames, love them even more because they were cheap! Great idea.

Andrea said...

Love this idea. I'm in an apartment so I don't want to spend alot to make it look nice. This would definitely work great!

Lauri said...

Cheap and perfect! Love it.

Arah Debra said...

Very nice! It looks wonderful!!

Lynn said...

You are SO smart! I can't wait to do this idea in our main bathroom. It's tiny and so drab and it has the same wall mounted mirror as yours. This idea is AWESOME!!

One question: Where did you get the iron stars? How are they attached to the wall??

Dana M. said...

I love how it turned out Karli. It looks so good!

walkinourshoes said...

I love the updated mirrors. What a cleaver idea. It really looks great.
Koe

Russ, Jenni & The Girls said...

I just love you to pieces. These ideas are sooooo fantastic. I am definitly going to the thrift store tomorrow in search of some frames for the girls bathroom. I love your ideas!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails