May 5, 2009

Mother's Day Gift Idea

What are you getting your mom for Mother's Day this year? Are you stumped? Confused? Just not able to decide on the perfect gift? Guess what!! I have the perfect idea for you...

Mike and I decided to get our mom's the same thing this year and we are both so excited.


Visit this website to check out what we decided on!

It's a monetary donation made in your mother's name to a rescue committee that helps mothers that have been uprooted by crisis survive and rebuild their lives.


Their Mother’s Day basket is filled with quality prenatal care, emergency obstetric services, and family planning programs.

If you donate online they'll send an e-mail to the recipient letting them know that a donation was made in their name. I realize that the deadline is up if you want to get an actual card to give your mother but I think an e-mail is just as good or you can make your own little card letting her know that a donation was made in her name.


I love this idea and I think it's such a great way to help mother's out there that are much less fortunate than we are.

I feel so blessed to be a mother in this day and age and to have all the wonderful blessings that I do. It breaks my heart to know that there are mother's out there that want the best for their children and just don't have the resources to make that happen. It makes my heart smile to know that I can help in some small way.


Thanks for listening and have a very wonderful Mother's Day!!!

4 comments:

Jyl said...

What an awesome idea! Wow, I know my mom would appreciate it since she served in africa. Thanks for the great idea~

Lynn said...

GREAT idea!! Love it! Thank you.

Lauri said...

You said it. Amen

Ashlee said...

Karli, it is so great to read your blog and see your way cute boys =) Also to see/hear about your family and weiner roasts in Vanderhoof! Good times! I sure miss it. Keep up the good posting! =)
Ashlee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails