Feb 25, 2010

Yaaaarrrrrr, Me Thinks A Re-Post Be In Order!

*** I thought this post was maybe worthy of a 're-post'. It's been one of my most popular posts and since I'm in the middle of a ton of crafting/painting/repurposing, etc... I thought I'd just do a little re-do. If you've seen this post already then sorry for the repeat. If not then grab a mug of yer finest ale and enjoy me little pirate project from last year!***

When I was in Pennsylvania last October Mike had a great idea and turned a huge closet into a fun fort for the boys. A pirate ship to be precise. I was super excited about this new fort and told Mike I would be happy to paint it and make it a little more "Pirate-y".

Well, I did finally finish painting it and it only took me 5 months! But I must say, "Yaaaaarrrrrrrrrr, she looks grrrreat!"

And the boys love it!

First we started with a huge closet that we didn't know what to do with...
Then this happened...
Yes, those are toys and other junk under the fort. I'm not THAT great! :)


We still have to put the trap door in so the boys can use this for sleepovers. Plus I need to take 10 minutes and clean up the paint that I dripped on the deck of the 'ship'. I was just in a hurry to get this post up so you didn't all think I was giving up after the blog war!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is such a fun idea! I love it!

Sheriece said...

Oh my word, you are WAY too talented. How flipping cute is this? You rock, girl.

Kristen Andrews said...

love this, such talent!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails