Apr 2, 2008
The Real Estate Process Steps 2,3,4.......and so on
I am so far behind on my blogging it is ridiculous. At least I feel I have an excuse! So we put our house on the market in February thinking that would give us time to be sure to have a buyer by July when we had planned to be up in Canada. We have been told the market is very slow and we would need to expect to be on the market for a while. We had the real estate experts come through on two different occasions with the feedback the same both times. "Great house, great yard, great staging, be prepared to wait a while because things aren't selling very quickly right now." Well, we had only two people come through the house in the first couple of weeks and we figured the experts were right. That is until the second couple that came through asked to come through again, then again, then put an offer in. We were a little surprised to say the least. We kind of thought we wouldn't get any offer for quite a while. Even our agents were surprised. We thought that their initial offer was a little low and knew we had some time to sit on it if we needed to so we came back and said we wanted full asking price. They accepted! I think they really want the house, ok, I know they really want the house. They are planning to have their reception here in early May so we are closing the end of April and will be officially homeless the first of May. We are waiting for all of the final stuff to go through. The home inspector was here yesterday and checked everything out and the appraiser should be here before next week. After that we just wait until closing. Very exciting. Now we are in the process of cleaning the house out for a garage sale and getting ready to pack everything. (Anyone have any extra boxes?) If you are looking for a bunch of junk our garage sale is April 12th. Come on over! Actually we are getting rid of some pretty good stuff. The thought of moving it to Canada is inspiration enough to sell it though. Maybe we can make enough money to pay for the gas it will take to get up there, I doubt it though. So, as long as everything goes well, we will be out of here soon. Wish us luck!