May 19, 2008

WOW! Duck Pond Sludge Stinks!!

Grandma Hurren had a great idea to go feed the ducks today. The boys and I though it would be a lot of fun so off we went. Earlier the boys had declared it a pajama day so yes, I do realize that they are still in their pajamas in these pictures and before you mention it... I also realize Walker's ginch are on the outside of his pajamas. He is convinced that if he does this he is Nacho Libre. I don't tell him otherwise because I love it when they use their imaginations! Now, on to the duck feeding.... I brought my camera with me thinking this would be a fun thing to blog about. I had no idea what was in store for my blog....

It all started out innocently enough. Porter liked feeding the ducks the little pieces of bread we brought for them.


They both had fun tossing the bread into the water and watching the ducks fight over it. There were even quite a few ducklings swimming around. They were very cute!


Walker's favorite thing to do was chase the ducks back into the pond every time they got out. He ran up and down the shore chasing any strays back where they belonged!


What a cute little innocent kid right? That's what I thought too when I saw him standing there!

Porter and Walker decided to go down the pond a little further and when I called them back Walker came a runnin'. I was happy he had listened so quickly. That's kind of something we are working on with him. Anyway, Porter wasn't coming so I called him again and when I did Walker turned to see where he was. The bad thing was that Walker was still running in my direction while looking behind him. He didn't see the great big pile of sludge right in front of him and....


He was not happy about falling into the pit that you can see right behind him but man.... it was hilarious. Paula and I burst out laughing while trying to pull him out. He made the funniest sound I ever heard come out of his little mouth. He was sure he was drowning and had no idea what had even happened. I didn't think he normally minded being so dirty but after we rescued him for the sludge, I realized the real reason for his little yelp. That stuff stunk!!!! It was so bad I was gagging while trying to get his clothes off. Luckily he had on four... yes four.... pairs of underwear (he thinks Nacho wears a lot of underwear for some reason).


We pulled off the yucky pajamas and underwear and sandals and he was ok again. Grandma explained the hazards of duck ponds and he was very cautious after the incident. I don't think he wants to go back to feed the ducks anytime soon and I don't blame him.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE your kids!!! They are so hilarious!

Kelli said...

That is hysterical!! I think my favorite part is that he likes wearing his undies over his clothes to be like Nacho. We LOVE Nacho Libre!! Too funny! Your boys are adorable. I love the little nakey pic at the end too with grandma teaching him the ways of the ducky pond. That is just classic!! I'm so glad you took your camera. Way to go mom ;) Thanks for the afternoon giggle!

Anna said...

What a cute bum! Kids have the cutest ones. It's a great story, and so fun to have illustrated. Hope the clothes cleaned up okay...

Shina said...

Oh my goodness that is funny. Walker looks a lot like Mike.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! When Andrew was about 1 1/2 he ran straight into a duck pond (it might even be the same one) and I had no choice but to go in after him! That stuff does stink! I love the pictures!

Danielle said...

Great pictures. We expect to see the naked bum picture at Walker's wedding. : > You are collecting lots of briberly material. : >

Anna said...

ha ha that had me laughing so hard! the best is the picture of little nakey bum and grandma hurren teaching him the facts of life - it stinks sometimes and there will be some times that you may feel like your naked in the middle of a busy park. he he what a great post!

T. Lopez said...

HA HA HA!!! I love this post Karli,its how life really is, nicely done! My fav is the Nachoness of his dressing, and that you're okay with them being creative, now is the critical time! Oh and way to be on it with the picture taking! Love the bum shot, he's too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails