Feb 19, 2008

You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone.....

So Porter and I had an interesting conversation this morning. I was getting the boys breakfast and asked them what they would like to eat. Corn Flakes or Rice Krispies? Walker promptly shouted out, "Corn Flakes!" Porter thought about and decided he would just like a piece of plain bread, nothing on it. I said are you sure? I could put some jam or something on it and he declined the offer. This sounded fine to me. It wasn't messy and frankly since I am usually pretty zombied out in the mornings from multiple wakings with Luke from the previous night, the easier the breakfast the better. Anyway, I thought he must really like plain bread to be passing up yummy cereal but his motives soon became clear when he asked if he could go into the living room and watch cartoons while he ate. Sly little cat thought he had a better chance of me saying yes if the food wasn't messy. He's a clever little boy but his plans dissolved when I said no. He asked why and I told him that our family sits together for meals. He thought about that for all of two seconds and replied, "Well, when you and dad die I will get my own breakfast everyday and bring it into the living room and watch Lord of the Rings, the cartoon." He didn't say this in a mean tone or anything so I said, "Aren't you going to miss me and dad when we die?" To this he replied, "No, you'll be in heaven!" Like, duh! I guess he has a great vision of heaven and at four years old already knows it's got to be pretty great up there. I think he's probably right but at four I would have at least missed my mom and dad. I thought I was a pretty decent mom and sort of fun to be around. It's a sad day when you are trumped by Scooby Doo and Spongebob. Maybe I'm not so great after all. Bummer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails