Apr 22, 2010

TV Room, Den, Rec Room....

It doesn't matter what people are calling them these days... I want one!


The remodelling is going great over here at the Hurren home. Most of the major stuff is done and I've only got a few painting and other projects left on the inside. (The outside? Well that's a whole other story!)


One of the big projects I'm mulling over in my head is the basement Rec/T.V./Den room. My plan is that it will serve multi-purposes. Remember the pirate ship fort from our last place? We want to do something similar here, some kind of an indoor fort/playground. That will take up about a third of the basement space but we also want to make some space down there for entertaining guests and make it a fun 'hang-out' space for the boys and their friends. We've already moved a pellet stove into the room in one corner and I've got hopes of somehow building some kind of a frame with mantle around it to make it a little more presentable. We also want to put a t.v. in the space somewhere and this is where I'm torn. We've though about building a sort of half wall to separate the t.v. space from the play space and I think this could work out really great. It would give us the option of putting the tv into the built-in or using some sort of a corner tv stand and then positioning the couches and chairs around that area to make it a little more cozy. I would love to add a fun and funky rug, a large and chunky coffee table, some kind of a sofa table and of course some unique and colorful art and other accessories. Here are a few pictures of some inspiration I've seen around.



So what do you think? Any advice? What do you love or hate about your Rec/T.V./Den space? What would you add if you could? What do you find useless in your space? Advice is certainly welcomed!!!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Cool ideas for sure! Love the photos of inspiration.

My only advice??

Probably to make sure the built in play area (indoor fort/playground) could be built...... keeping in mind the near future..........that it would need to be easily taken down and the room changed again .....as they grow up WAY too fast. ; D

Have fun!

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Leah said...

I love room #1. So relaxing and inviting. I'm sure the boys are going to be happy if they get anything like those playground pictures. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails